Bergen Bike Rent
Bergen Bike Rent is a five to ten minute walk from the Fish Market and the Tourist Information in Bergen, near the cruise ship port at Bontelabo 2.
- We hire out new off-road bikes (Scott) and El-bikes (S6-1, S7-1 and S10)
- When you hire a bike, you also get a helmet, lock, map, tools and a lockable bag per family.
- The map contains suggestions for routes that include the highlights of the charming city of Bergen.
- You should set aside two to two-and-a-half hours for each route with photo stops.
- The routes are 10 to 12 km and can be cycled by everyone.
- The age limit for cycling is 10 years of age.
Suggestions for trips:
There is a slight ascent after 3 km on the ‘See Bergen from its roof’ trip that takes you up to the beautiful Fjellveien road. However, everyone can manage these ascents on bikes with 27 gears. You can see Bergen from its ‘roof’ on this trip, with views across all of the city’s famous attractions.
The highlights include: The Madam Felle statue, the view from Fjellveien road, Skansen fire station, St Mary’s Church and Bergenhus Fortress.
The ‘Downtown Bergen’ trip takes you through the city streets, where you can stop for a coffee or an ice cream. This trip covers most of the urban districts of Bergen, including Marken and Nygårdshøyden, Nøstet, Nordnes and the city centre.
The highlights include: Bergen Cathedral, the Grieg Hall, Knøsesmauet alleyway, Torget square and the Hanseatic wharf Bryggen.
When you hire a bike, you can see a lot more of Bergen in a shorter time than on foot. It is the perfect way to experience the charming city of Bergen.
Hire a guide:
You can also hire a guide on the trips. We can give you a price on request if you submit it 24 hours before the start of the trip.
Prices: Ordinary bikes:
- 2 hours: NOK 400 (minimum price/2 hours)
- 4 hours: NOK 500 (half day/4 hours)
- 8 hours: NOK 700 (full day/8 hours)
- 2 hours: NOK 500 (minimum price/ 2 hours)
- 4 hours: NOK 600 (half day/4 hours)
- 8 hours: NOK 800 (full day/8 hours)
Bike Pickup and Drop Off
Bikes can be picked up at Bontelabo 2 from 08.00 and returned at the latest by 17.00.
If you would like to hire a bike for several days, for small or large groups, just drop us a line and we can make a plan!
Your email confirmation is your receipt. Please show your confirmation on a mobile phone or printout when you pick up a bike. When you book a bike, please write the time you would like to pick up the bike in the comments field. If you are running a bit late, the hire period will start when you have picked up the bike.
If you have the Bergen Card, a valid card must be presented on pick up.